Friday, April 6, 2007

Glad I Was There!

“But God, demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.----while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son---we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom we have now received this reconciliation.” (Romans 5:8)

Consider the following from the Gospel verses:
they “arrested Jesus and tied Him up”
they “struck Him on the face”
they “struck Him on the head with a staff and spit upon Him”
they “had Him flogged severely”
“braided a crown of thorns and put it on His head”
“struck Him repeatedly in the face”
they shouted, “CRUCIFY HIM! CRUCIFY HIM!”
they “defamed Him”
they “spoke abusively to Him”
they “crucified Jesus, they took his clothes”
they “pierced His side with a spear”.

And all the while, Jesus must have repeatedly said within His heart, “You will be done Father, not mine.” He prayed for the forgiveness of those who tormented and tortured Him. He received the abuse for me and for you. It hurts me to think of it. It breaks my heart. I’m glad I was there that day.

Just as easy as we will accept that day of salvation when Jesus comes for us to live with Him, we must accept that we were there as well when He suffered for us! It was necessary for our sin. It was necessary for our forgiveness. It was necessary for our redemption. I’m glad I was there then and will be with Him in the end. Where will you be?

As we were in Jesus’ heart that day, I beg you to let Him into your heart today. Accept the fact that we all are sinners, enemies of a holy God. Yet because of Jesus’ sacrifice on that day, we can accept His blood sacrifice for our sin. That’s the only way to be there then…on that day to come!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...