Monday, April 2, 2007

Father Knows Best!

“When He haS TESTED ME, I SHALL COME FORTH AS GOLD.” (jOB 23:10)

Trial after trial…tests after test…disappointments, failures, rejection…more and more pain. Will it ever end? Will things turn around? When will my ship come in? When will the sun shine and the clouds go away for a while? Why do the ones who seem to do everything wrong have so much fun and happiness? Why is all this happening to me?

Have you asked these sorts of questions? Are you finding yourself asking them even today? You’re not alone! As a Christian, sometimes we believe that God is a genie in a bottle that we rub every once in awhile to get a wish or two. Maybe if I ask for this or that, I’ll get it and all my troubles will go away! NOT TRUE! Temporary fixes work for a minute or two, but we have a lifetime to live for Christ and a legacy of faith to leave behind. One thing we must trust and believe:

“…‘for My thoughts are not your thoughts nor are your ways My ways’, says the Lord.” (Isaiah 55:8)

Even as we are going through a series of storms, as Job experienced, we must realize that God is in control and has our best interest in mind. His best is not our best! He desires holiness for us, not constant happiness. That is why it is so important to stay connected to the Body of Christ as to not get confused and dejected. I don’t think I could have handled Job’s friends! I’m so glad for my church family! While they tell me the truth, it’s in love and that is so important in order to continue growing along our journey with the Lord!

God is always at work to mold us for His plans for our lives. It’s important to stay in touch with His will and respond in a way that we continue to grow and not doubt God. Let’s remember to be encouraging to one another and help one another grow stronger through our trials. Allow God to work things out for His good, for those of us who love Him and are called according to His purposes. After all, Father knows best!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...