Friday, April 27, 2007

04 27 07 Do Others See My God?

“Your God, whom you continually serve, He will deliver you.”
(Daniel 6:16 NKJV)

It’s so important to have a consistent and public relationship with our God, my God. We can’t afford to hide our beliefs and character. It’s no time to be politically correct! At a point in our culture where we may be restricted from speaking or writing about Christ, even sharing e-mails, our character is sometimes our only witness. We are going to be held accountable for it too! My worst feeling is having someone say (or hear of someone saying about me) “I didn’t know he was a Christian!”

Daniel was in a real bind here under the Persian King Darius. Though appointed a government ruler, Daniel was not well liked and known to be a close follower of the God of the Jews. The only thing his enemies could attack him with was his faith! They knew he lived a consistent life before his God and before men as well! Even as Darius was tricked into signing a decree requiring citizens to honor only the King (not a God), Daniel remained faithful to God alone. How many of us would trade worship for a paycheck? Are we willing top hide our faith for a promotion? As with me personally, will I cheat God and compromise His call to missions, just to have a few dollars in my pocket?

Daniel was thrown into a den with live lions---real teeth and real claws and I suppose real hungry! I recall a rendition of the scene in the den whereby Daniel is depicted as looking to a ray of sunshine beaming down unto his face, as the lions lay peacefully around his feet. Wow, what a challenge for you and me today. As the world begins to turn more and more rigid against any forms of public worship, will we get even bolder in our walk, in our talk, and in our witness? Will we cower to secular pressure to honor the kings and rulers, instead of THE KING? As the lions gnash and claw at our feet, will we stay focused and trust our Daddy? Do we realize others are watching to see what we’ll do? Perhaps they’re waiting to see what our God, my God, will do through us!

“---has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to deliver you from the lions?”
(Daniel 6:20 NKJV)

In the morning, Darius called out to Daniel, “Has your God saved you Daniel?” He waited to hear his voice and was relieved; so much so the King had the enemies of Daniel put in the Lion’s den and set forth a new decree that all would honor the God of Daniel! Will we live in such a way that others will see our God work through us in trying circumstances and then turn to Him themselves? Will we allow our Daddy to use us to His glory and to let others see Him at work? That’s our challenge! Let’s ask ourselves, “Do others see my God?” Am I living in His image or my own?

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...