Friday, March 30, 2007

A Personal God.My DADDY!

I was reminded over the weekend at Promise Keepers (in Baltimore) how concerned God is with each one of us individually! Just as a father or mother is so concerned with their child, God has a special plan for every one of His children. Even if we have been blessed with many children, we still have a unique concern for each one individually.

Dr. Bob Reccord (www.madetocount.com) really touched my heart as he reminded me how God can speak to me concerning our relationship through my kids. How many times have we experienced God's presence as we discipline our children? I can recall how God has allowed me to see His grace, His mercy, and even His sense of humor as I observe and parent my children.

One of my favorite verses, Jeremiah 29:11 continues to remind me of His personal plans for each of us, but especially for me: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Are we leading our kids along God's path for them? Are we on His path ourselves? Have we been caught up in the world's values?

This verse encouraged a wandering and enslaved people to trust in God's plans for a future and even for each day. Who am I to doubt such a mighty God and proven Savior? All my doubts.all my fears.all my struggles and plans, I give over to my Daddy to help and guide me through, so I may bring Him glory and draw others to come to know Him as their Father as well! At least that's my prayer. At times, I get in the way; my flesh thinks it can solve things on its own, so continue to pray for me. I want to get to the point where I am satisfied with what God wants for me and know deep inside that He is pleased with me doing His will, not my own! I want to make my Daddyproud, which is the desire of most men I know! Let's get to know our Daddy this coming Fathers' Day!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...