Friday, March 30, 2007

The only Know-It-All

"But as for me, I would seek God…" (Job 5:8)

When I began to study Job weeks ago, I thought it would be good for preparation for our mission trip planned for October 2006 to New Orleans. To study his afflictions, his trust in God, and how God ultimately blessed Job would be good for ministering to a town which lost it all and need a word of hope. So I thought…
As I now go through our family’s struggle with my mom’s illness, I see how God still has things worked out. God is the one and only Know-It-All! Obviously, the Lord knew that He would put Job to a test concerning his health, family, and friends. Satan again thought he would do something unique, yet God had a plan. Even as Job was suffering, his friends gave all sorts of advice as to Job’s sins, his attitude, yet one piece of advice was very wise. Eliphaz told Job, "But as for me, I would seek God!" And may I suggest that long before we experience problems, we should be diligently seeking God!
Friends don’t always understand, though they mean well. Our problems are not always caused by sin. They are not always a source of correction. Tragedy is not always someone’s fault. We live in a fallen world and things happen, simply because it’s not a perfect world. But we must deal with the present and we must seek God and His wisdom each day, so we’ll be prepared for the unexpected! Before trouble knocks at our door, we need the whole counsel of God, through His word!
So as we go through, remember this: God has all the details worked out. When we lack wisdom, we ask of God. Perhaps He’ll send wisdom our way in a friend or counselor, or He may just guide us along one-on-one. Just remember, He’s the expert and the one and only know-it-all! Praise God!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...