Friday, March 30, 2007

He sees through our eyes

"I have made a covenant with my eyes" (Job 31:1)

This is the core issue of my ministry to children and families…especially fathers: Make a covenant to fix your eyes (and your heart) on the things of God and not the world. A wandering eye draws us all to sin, bottom line! What we seek out shows our heart desires. As we covenant with God to honor Him, we also must be prepared to partner with one or two others to hold us accountable to the covenant! No promise is worth anything without accountability!!! It’s as easy to hide in a crowd as it is within our home.

"Does He not see my ways, and count all my steps?" (Job 31:4)

Doing well in front of others is one thing. Our reputation can be one thing to one person, but totally different to someone else. What they see us do is their opinion of us. Integrity is what we do when no one is watching…but God. He sees it all. We can’t fool God. Only His opinion counts. He sees directly into our heart! He sees through our eyes…everything we feast our eyes upon, He sees. Everything we do, whether in the dark of night or the light of day, our Father sees. Who do we think we’re fooling?
"Oh that the Almighty would answer me…" (Job 31:35)

I must admit, unlike Job, I am so ashamed of the places I have been, the things I have seen, and the things I have done…since being saved! Though not who I used to be in 1993, I am nothing without Him and yet I still fall short every day of His desires for me. God is HOLY and does not deserve to have a wretch like me embarrass Him! Thank God for His grace and mercy. I never want to take advantage of His love for me. I definitely do not want His judgment!!! I pray that I never knowingly challenge Him. The more I see of God, the less I think of myself. Let’s commit to covenant together to honor God at all times, especially when we think no one is watching! May His mercy continue to endure and His grace be our covering

No comments:

Your will, not mine God . . . true freedom

. . .whoever commits sin is a slave of sin . And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever . Therefore if the ...