Friday, March 30, 2007

Cross –Examined by God!

"Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you and you shall answer me."
(Job 38:3)


Many times we question God. We ask why…we ask when…we ask how long. We must be careful however to never question His authority or motives! God always has our best interest in mind and is always sovereign! The best question is to ask God is, "what shall I do to honor You in this situation?" We definitely do not want to find ourselves in Job’s situation and be cross-examined by God. His questions do not seek answers, but cause us to fall on our knees, awaken our hearts, and stun our senses!

Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth...Do you know the ordinances of the heavens...Who provides food for the raven when its young ones cry to God...Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him?
(Job 38:4, 33, 41, 40:2)


Who are we to question our Daddy’s motives? When will we finally realize He wants what is His best for each of us? When will realize that to receive His best, we must live in such a way that brings Him glory, not shame? How long will it take for us to realize He is GOD?????
(Job answers) "Behold I am vile; what shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth…" (Then God replies) "Who then is able to stand against me? Who has preceded me that I should pay Him? Everything under heaven is Mine." (Job 40:4, 41:11)

God owes no one, yet he offers each of us more than we’ll ever need. Is He our all-in-all, or doe we find ourselves contending with Him daily? How do we see ourselves in relation to our God? Maybe it’s time to empty everything out of our hands, out of our control, and allow God to take control and keep control!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...